- This event has passed.
Australian Media Literacy Summit
March 24 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Calling all educators, librarians and community practitioners!
The Australian Media Literacy Alliance, with the support of META Australia, is hosting a FREE professional development conference in Sydney and online for those who are passionate about supporting lifelong media literacy education.
The in person event is limited to 100 spaces so make sure you register!
The event aims to build a network of media literacy advocates and leaders who will work toward developing media literacy in schools and communities across Australia. The event is for people who support media literacy for children and/or adults.
REGISTER HERE FOR THE IN-PERSON EVENT IN SYDNEY
REGISTER HERE FOR THE ONLINE EVENT
The day will include keynote addresses, panels and discussion with media literacy experts from Australia and around the world.
Confirmed guest speakers:
Jan Fran, Walkley Award-winning journalist and host of ABC’s ‘Question Everything’
Michelle Ciulla Lipkin (US) Executive Director National Association of Media Literacy Education
And … the insights and expertise from the following organisations:
- ABC Education (ABC)
- Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI)
- Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Museum of Australian Democracy (MoAD)
- National Film and Sound Archive of Australia (NFSA)
- National and State Libraries Australasia (NSLA)
- Special Broadcasting Service (SBS)
- Western Sydney University – Institute Culture and Society
- Queensland University of Technology Digital Media Research Centre